Friday, July 16, 2010

Fasting and Praying

Tomorrow is a crucial meeting for adoption. It is the first time that a high ranking public official has an interest in hearing the truth in the adoption stories that have been played out in the public in lies and corruption. We are so thankful for this opportunity to speak the truth and stand before our accusers and expose the lies. My only regret is that I cannot physically be there. But God has sent many to be on the front lines for tomorrow. Please pray for them. I can't explain to you the attacks that can come when you are in a position like that. Pray a hedge of protection around them.

This morning I am praying the following scriptures over the meeting. I would love for you to agree in prayer with me for these or anything else God lays on your heart! This is not a battle against flesh and blood but against the world forces of this darkness (Eph 6:12). This is a battle that will be won or lost based on the willingness of Kingdom warriors to fight on their knees and then follow in obedience to carry out the spiritual victory in the physical world. Please pray with me!

Psalm 10
2, 8-9 ~ In pride the wicked hotly pursue the afflicted; let them be caught in the plots which they have devised...He [the wicked] sits in the lurking places of the villages; in the hiding places he kills the innocent; his eyes stealthily watch for the unfortunate. He lurks in a hiding place as a lion in his lair; he lurks to catch the afflicted; He catches the afflicted when he draws him into his net.

12-18 ~ Arise, O Lord; O God, lift up Your hand. Do not forget the afflicted. Why has the wicked spurned God? He has said to himself, "You will not require it." You have seen it, for You have beheld mischief and vexation to take it into Your hand. The unfortunate commits himself to You; You have been the helper of the orphan. Break the arm of the wicked and the evildoer, seek out his wickedness until You find none. The Lord is King forever and ever; nations have perished from His land. O Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear to vindicate the orphan and the oppressed, so that man who is of the earth will no longer cause terror.

Psalm 109
1-13 ~ O God of my praise, do not be silent! For they have opened their wicked and deceitful mouth against me; they have spoken against me with a lying tongue. They have also surrounded me with words of hatred, and fought against me without cause. In return for my love they act as my accusers, but I am in prayer. Thus they have repaid me evil for good and hatred for my love.
Appoint a wicked man over him, and let an accuser stand at this right hand. When he is judged, let him come forth guilty, and let his prayer become sin. Let his days be few; let another take his office. Let his children be fatherless and his wife a widow. Let his children wander about and beg; and let them seek sustenance far from their ruined homes. Let the creditor seize all that he has, and let strangers plunder the product of his labor. Let there be none to extend loving kindness to him, nor any to be gracious to his fatherless children. Let his posterity be cut off; in a following generation let their name be blotted out.

16 ~ Because he did not remember to show loving kindness, but persecuted the afflicted and needy man, and the despondent in heart, to put them to death.

21-31 ~ But You, O God, the Lord, deal kindly with me for Your name's sake; Because Your loving kindness is good, deliver me; For I am afflicted and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. I am passing like a shadow when it lengthens; I am shaken off like the locust. My knees are weak from fasting, and my flesh has grown lean, without fatness. I also have become a reproach to them; when they see me, they wag their heard. Help me, O Lord my God; save me according you Your loving kindness. And let them know that this is Your hand; You , Lord, have done it. Let them curse, but You bless; when they arise, they shall be ashamed, but your servant shall be glad. Let my accusers be clothed with dishonor, and let them cover themselves with their own shame as with a robe. With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the Lord; and in the midst of many I will praise him. For He stands at the right hand of the needy to save him from those who judge his soul.

Amen and Amen!!!